Wednesday 25 March 2015

Strawberry Night Movie 2013 ~ Detective vs Yakuza

When I watch the trailer at Tokyohive, I please myself just wait. Be patient. The trailer suspense me. The plot of the movie just awesome. Then after 11 months, I download the movie, digging English subtitle in google but it so disappointed me as there are no eng sub out yet. You know because too much passion to watch this movie, I found simple han Chinese subtitle which totally I cannot understand the language. I just used subtitle edit to translate it to English- and Woww – it works! Even the English soo ohh ohhh but I can understand the story.

Okay back to the plot is so awesome. I don’t want write the plot, but I want write what I feel after watching this movie.


What most attract and draw me is surely the relationship between Himekawa and the new character, Isao Makita. For the one that ship himekawa and kikuta, just be careful after watching this movie because you may shift your ship. Yes, I like himekawa and kikuta when watching the drama and special but I love himekawa and Makita more! They are adorable. Opposite but compliment– Himekawa is a police leader that find a suspect of murder, Yanai Kento acquaintances with Makita that lies he is the boss of the suspect that find Yanai too for work things. But what more interesting is Makita is the yakuza, not the member but the high ranking position - yakuza boss - that will become the successor of the gang. He investigates where the suspect too and the gang maybe involve the murder case. Well I like the way how Makita sees himekawa for the first time in the rain, and you know what it is. Himekawa also feels a little bit same with makita, they are so tense. There is love triangle between them – himekawa, kikuta and Makita.  Well you may think how police and yakuza are possible? –the one that brings justice and the one that crack the justice, but a thin line between them that share dark past make it works. Even Makita convince said to Kikuta You and her impossible, make the confident of kikuta shaking – because he can read the dark past of himekawa just in short time and said to her ‘You must kill him.’ Well that how character of yakuza boss was, the dark past of Makita is more deep than Himekawa. How can I resist the tense?


Well I like the actor that play isao Makita, he looks smartly in formal suit – he has the aura of powerful boss in his company –and the aura of high ranking yakuza boss. But he also shows his soft side towards others - his workers, himekawa and his sick father, the president.  In this movie Himekawa much more plays her emotion – torn between two things, but become stronger even everything become tough to her. Kikuta still plays the stick loyal subordinate, and the other teams too. Koike koisude character less shiny. The other police leader sparks – especially Katsumata because of his behavior.

The crime in the movie also real and make you think twice – it also happens in real world. The using of the rain as the subject of sadness, suspens, crime, mystery, blood fit nicely.  And the teamwork getting stronger at the end of the movie and unpredictable event happen that related to the next special drama.


I like the soundtrack for this movie – especially ‘Invisible rain”, the music fit my heart. The music always plays during himekawa and Makita scene – elegantly. And there also another version of strawberry night main theme in mix version. And the music ‘inodori onode’ that plays the beginning scene gives a new touch – more suspense and mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment