Monday 2 February 2015

Buzzer Beat 2009 ~ Romance Jdrama

If you want really romance drama, that’s it. This is the real romance japan drama that I long wait for. Nowadays romance genre in japan drama is too childish, immature and cheesy. But buzzer beat make me believe that real romance in jdrama still existed, where it have the aura of 90’s japan drama in term of romance. How can I resist the chemistry of the hero and heroin besides their hot appearance? And their angst and tension story well.

Background signboard for audience recognization, like Long Vacation drama.
The plot of buzzer beat is simple but yet entertaining. Yamashita tomohisa plays the basketball player that confuse in his future, while keiko kitagawa plays the part-time worker at library that wish to become violinist but find her hardness to achieved her dream. See, the opposite of main leaders’ interest that complement each other – sports and music – which become one main ingredient in this drama, where both of them try to understand and support each other interest. Maybe sports and music are separated in large hole in reality but this drama totally rock it just become one love story.

I love keiko kitagawa acting in this drama, she is naturally beautiful but imperfect lady, where she is untidy person compared to her roommate, Mai. I like her as Riko. While yamashita acting just okay. And I like his mature coach star by Hideaki Ito that become love rival where I also has crush in. the interesting part of this drama is naoko girlfriend, natsuki that played by aibu saki which has two faces and almost give up with his uncertain boyfriend. But if I become in natsuki place, I will also give up with my boyfriend that confuse with his future. Aibu saki shows great acting here I hate her character, despite she has more chemistry with the other twist-man basketball player, ren yoyogi where she has scandal with. I ship her with ren, where she shows more her real behavior than be with naoki.

The relationship of riko and naoki developed well in nice pacing, neither too face nor too slow. From the first series their become the strangers, riko become fan of him as basketball player, then become friends, lastly more than that. That is why the love story in this drama has nice pacing. And the romance is real romance that new japan drama should have, real kissing, real hugs and sexual tension. The most best part is where naoki hugs riko in her apartment scene, and the most conflict scene is where naoki found riko kiss ren in front of him. That was the feeling of betrayed by someone you love. The scene is so tense.

I love their friendship. It so sweet.
Besides their chemistry and hot appearances, keiko kitagawa is fashionable. I love all her outfits.
About the cinemographics of the drama is suitable for this genre type. The location – I do love riko apartmet, and I love the basketball field in front of her apartment where naoki always plays with.
And the most memorable and catchy background, the signboard ‘LOVE MAKES ME STRONG’ is just nice. Remember about long vacation drama that has catchy word on signboard too.

For the music, B'z song ~ Ichibu to Zenbu just suit well and the lyrics is matched with the story. I also entertain with the piano version. B'z also sing for Beautiful Life drama starring Takuya Kimura, adding the feeling 90's japan drama romance, song title Kon'ya Tsuki no Mieru Oka ni. 


Buzzer Beat is the romance drama that I can watch again and again without feel boring.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading this. You made my day. I keep on revisit the drama from time to time for the 90's love story feeling.

    ReplyDelete